Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Swing and a Miss

I love Wyoming- I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. But that doesn't mean that I don't miss some things about Indiana. I miss the restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, Chilis, Steak 'n Shake), I miss the shopping, and now I realize I miss the Indianapolis Zoo. We took Addison to the Billings Zoo on Saturday and it was not exactly what I was expecting. Not wheelchair friendly, very wooded/overgrown, no petting zoo area, no water area for the kids, no aquarium/ocean animals- pretty much as far from the Indy Zoo as possible. It was my fault, really- I set myself up to be disappointed. This was Montana- not exactly known for its zoo...

And did I mention it just happened to be Medieval Times- Highland Games day? Yes that's right, folks. We spent a few sweltering hours searching for hiding animals while we were surrounded by gypsy belly dancers, bar wenches, and men in kilts playing bagpipes. I kid you not. It was an interesting day. Thankfully, Addison just enjoyed the few animals we did get to see. 



He came right up to the glass for Addison. She thought he was cute. I thought he looked hungry.

Red panda sleeping in the shade.

She had a blast, and that's why we went, right?

Grizzly bears


Smartest animals in the park- so jealous of their pool
Wolves







Did I mention the bagpipers?

Scottish Highland Ponies

This = successful day!

So all in all, we had a great time out as a family, but I don't think we will be making a return visit any time this year, or decade, or ever. Lesson learned...

Russ' belated Father's Day present finally arrived. I don't know about your hubbies, but mine likes to see if he can get all of the groceries bags into the house in ONE trip. Depending on the shopping day, this can sometimes seem like an impossible task... but not anymore! Meet Russ' new favorite gadget:

The One Trip Grip Grocery Bag Holder

One Trip Grip Grocery Bag Holder
http://www.infmetry.com/home-decor/kitchen/one-trip-grip-grocery-bag-holder


I originally saw this on Pinterest, and thought it was GENIUS! So I got him two- one for each hand. He can clip all those bags on these puppies, and the ergonomic handles will make carrying in all of my groceries in one trip a delightful, comfortable experience. Love!

I am having a 31 party Thursday night, and I am excited about my menu. Everything is bite-sized finger foods, so no need for utensils. I'll post pics later in the week. Have a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment