Monday, June 4, 2012

The Beginning

Hi, my name is Ashlee. This is me and my partner in crime, Addison Bree. Pretty cute, isn't she?


I have been following a few blogs for a while now, and I have come to the realization that my favorite ones are not about people with super exciting lives or crazy adventures. The blogs I follow and check religiously are about normal people doing normal everyday stuff. So that is what this blog will be about. I have had some drama in my life in the past, and although I may allude to it in future posts, I won't be focusing on it. I want this to be a way for me to pay tribute to the "here and now." For my sake, for Addison to see one day, and for you. Because maybe- just maybe - you like to follow normal people blogs as much as I do.

So here goes. Now, I am the type of person that wants to call people up and have a conversation that goes something like this:

"So I follow your blog, and you haven't posted anything in like two whole weeks. Do you think that maybe you could get on that ASAP?"

 I mean, seriously, don't they understand that part of my daily computer routine involves checking their blog to see if there is anything new I should know about? Well, I am hoping that having my own blog teaches me some patience and understanding for others and their busy schedules. Just because I have been blessed with a child that loves to take naps, (more on that later) and I have a lot of free time during the day, doesn't mean others follow the same routine and live to entertain me. (Hard to believe, huh?) So I'm not making any promises. I may update this thing once a week, once or month, or I may forget I have it. As of right this very moment, I don't even have any followers, so no one would be the wiser. But it is my hope that this will become an outlet for thoughts, ideas, projects, recipes,rants, and other things that make up my normal, everyday life. We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Of course, I attempt to update my blog regularly, but it kinda goes in spurts...lol

    Good luck! And I look forward to hearing about your everyday normal happenings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your every days...miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just totally read this entire post in your voice (meaning I could hear you saying it all) and it made me smile to "hear" your thoughts. =) So happy we get to see you in the blog world too. =)

    ReplyDelete