Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Busy Week in Review

Have you ever had a sweet tooth craving, but were too lazy to actually go to the trouble of getting out all of your ingredients and measuring cups and baking something? I was totally feeling that way this week, and had just stumbled upon this recipe for single serve cookies, so I thought I would give it a try. I got out my ramekin, and it looked too small, so I got out my BIGGER ramekin and doubled the recipe. First mistake. #1, don't know if this recipe was meant to be doubled. #2, actually ended up being too much. Yes, I said it, too much chocolate. This is probably where I get my Chocoholics Anonymous pin revoked or something, but I'm just being honest. Here are some pictures of the mayhem...

Still had to get all of my ingredients out, but much quicker, no baking, and less clean-up...

Before the microwave

Just out of the microwave. And I did 2 minutes since I doubled the recipe. Which was too long. Just so you know...

Good flavor, but interesting consistency. Don't know if this was because I over-microwaved it, or because it's cookie ingredients in a ramekin.

Notice Russ' dish to the left. He was actually very chivalrous and took the over-microwaved one, and I took his better microwaved one.

He still finished more than I did. Ashamed I let that much chocolate go to waste.

Well, I made up for my dessert faux pas with a yummy, easy dinner the next night. It had been overcast and gloomy here, so I made beef stew. I love this recipe, because it is kinda' like refrigerator stew. I used stew meat, carrots, potatoes, green beans, celery, onion powder, and garlic powder, and doused it in spicy V-8 juice. Let it go in the crock pot on high until dinner time and you have yourself some pretty tasty dinner. Add a salad and a loaf of french bread and you are golden!

So easy...

And so yummo!


My felt finally came in the mail, so I was able to try out some wreaths for the basement bedrooms. I got the inspiration here and here, and made up my own with different color schemes. They still need some tweaking and a few minor adjustments/add-ons, but they are a good start!

Assembling my craftiness

First flower attempt

Second flower

Mixing in some yellow

Trying a few two-tones

On the wreath they go

New wreath with different colors and some burlap for texture

Jute yarn on the side

Close-up of the coral and khaki wreath
Semi-finished #1

Semi-finished #2


Like I said, a work in progress, but you get the idea. And I only burnt myself on the hot glue gun ONCE, which is a major accomplishment for me...

Next project: Tufted burlap headboard!




1 comment: